Angling & Golf
For anglers there is plenty of choice from Fresh Water to Sea fishing in the area, for beginners there is tuition available and for seasoned fishers there is some great fishing in stunning locations! From the Teifi Pools in the Cambrian Mountains to peaceful rivers and course fishing, in yet again great locations!
For golfers there is a choice from small greens to country clubs with something for everyone. Again in great locations!
- Click here for more information on local fishing - General information on fishing in the local area
- Tregaron Angling Association - Fishing beat maps and day/week tickets for in and around Tregaron inc the picturesque Teifi Pools
- Aberystwyth Angling Association - Aberystwyth Angling Association offers both expert and novice gamefisher
exciting sport in some of the most unspoilt and scenic countryside in Wales.
- Penrhos Golf and Country club - 18 hole golf course, swimming pool, sauna and spa. There is also a restaurant and all day cafe on site.
- Cilgwyn Golf Club - Cilgwyn Golf Club caters for and welcomes golfers of all ages with Men's Section, Ladies, Seniors and Juniors. We welcome visitors at all times and have very reasonable green fees.
- Capel Bangor Golf and Country Club - Golf and fishing available with a range of other activities on offer!
- Aberystwyth Golf Club - Within walking distance of the town and University Campus, Aberystwyth Golf Club will offer exciting and challenging golf for players of varying abilities. The fairways and greens are always in excellent condition and due to its unique terrain, the course is playable nearly all the year round. Visitors are most welcome.
- Penlanlas Golf - An undulating course has numerous water features and established tree plantations. Together with the peace and tranquillity of the surroundings, it offers an ideal habitat for natural wildlife, including the Red Kite. With optional tees, this 9-hole, 4119 yards, PAR 62 course provides challenging golf for all abilities. Green fees offer excellent value for money and all players are welcome.
- Borth and Ysyslas Golf Club - Set in a spectacular location on the sweep of Cardigan Bay Borth and Ynyslas Golf Club was established in 1885 and has a strong claim to be the oldest course in Wales. A round of golf at Borth and Ynyslas is a truly memorable experience and many visitors consider the course unique among the other fine links courses in Wales.
- Cwmrhydneuadd Golf Club - Located near Aberaeron This picturesque 9 hole golf course is set in a beautiful secluded valley surrounded by a clear water stream. The golf course is open all year round and normally there is no need to book.